A question that is relevant for many drivers, especially for beginners, is how to properly configure the mirrors in the car for the best view. After all, this is not easy at all, and you need to know the setup methodology, which we will talk about in this article.
If you, looking in the side mirror, see the rear wing of your car, this means that the mirror is not configured correctly. With this arrangement of the mirror, most of the area behind the vehicle is visible both in the side mirrors and in the rearview mirror. At the same time, the area next to the car is very poorly visible, and there is a danger of an emergency.
Left Side Mirror Adjustment
Tilt to the left so that you can almost touch the side window. Adjust the mirror to see the rear wing of the car (as shown in the picture). When you sit in a chair as usual, in the mirror, you will almost not see the side wing of your car.
Right side mirror adjustment
Tilt to the right so that your head is in the center of the car. In the mirror, you should also see the rear wing of the vehicle.
Rearview mirror adjustment
The center of the rearview mirror should be in the centerline of the rear window.
A ride with mirrors rebuilt in this way, you will notice that there are much less “blind” zones. You see the car in the rearview mirror, and if it starts to overtake you, you still see part of it in the rear mirror, and part is already in the side. Thanks to this, it’s easier for you to change lanes, and the risk of an emergency is significantly reduced.
Some useful tips:
- At first, it will be very unusual for you to ride with mirrors rebuilt in this way. But wait a week, and you will get used to it so much that you won’t understand how you used to drive otherwise.
- Be careful when parking in parallel. With this mirror detuning, you need to twist your head and deviate more to see both the side of your car and the car nearby.
- Always glance at the mirrors, and not just at the moment when you want to rebuild. Such a manner will allow you to be aware of the situation on the road continually and to perform sharp correctly, unexpected maneuvers (for example, when you go around a hole).
A few important warnings:
- Do not adjust the mirrors while driving.
- Even perfectly tuned mirrors, there are blind spots. And sometimes it’s better to take a quick look over your shoulder while maneuvering so as not to knock down, for example, a cyclist or a motorcyclist. A glance over your shoulder gives you the necessary information that you will never receive when looking even in the correct set mirrors.